Thursday, May 19, 2011

Favorite Song of the Week 4: "Dust Bowl Dance" by Mumford and Sons

Favorite Song of the Week = Dust Bowl Dance

Apparently I hadn't listened to Mumford's lyrics close enough on this one. Inspired by the Currently Prophetic podcast, I gave it a closer listen. This time it came through my earphones as a song about the repercussions of misplaced trust...which rejuvenated its lifespan on my MP3 player.

"I placed all my trust at the foot of...this hill." When your trust ends up in the wrong spot, you end up feeling alienated, hateful, spiteful, angry at whatever let you down. I guess it's good to make sure your trust is at the foot of something stable.


(I thought this make-shift way of sharing the song would be preferable to making you watch a YouTube video.)

- For those interested, the runner-up this week was Everybody Needs Love by The Drive-By Truckers. A nice little ditty about how everybody needs love.

No comments: