Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Bella

I finally broke my bad-movie streak. It's hard to tell for sure, but I think I had seen about 104 PG-13 romantic comedies in a row...all of them required the brain power of a green pea to get the nice moral message that when you really love someone you should make out, take off the man's shirt and then fall into a bed that is off camera...I'm assuming not much happens after that.

...but, then Bella came along. And, it reminded me that movies can feel almost perfect at times. It submits it's pro-life message artistically without preaching at people or letting the message overpower the emotions of the movie, although I would argue that the entire movie is about life (and in some ways, it's sanctity). I'm not sure how Christians decide which movies they are going to turn into sleeper hits...but, in my perfect world, I wish Bella would have drawn the lucky straw...

So, if you haven't seen it already, give it a shot. It reminds me alot of life...everywhere you look, there's sadness...but, between the sad stories there's usually some optimism in the air and redemption waiting around the corner.

1 comment:

gina said...

i agree. it was beautiful and refreshing.