Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Emerging Info

I'm proud to say that my last post stirred up a little controversy...both here and at another page. I wish I had the time to interact with some of the discussions and debates before they become old news (Mike...don't argue with librarians...dictionaries don't lie). But, instead of attempting anything constructive, I thought I'd point out two resources that I think are helpful in understanding the emerging church. The first one (pdf) is emergent friendly, the second one (mp3) is not...I'm trying to be balanced.

Scot McKnight - What Is the Emerging Church?

Mark Driscoll - 2007 Convergent Conference (Driscoll's talk is Session 3)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I posted the question on my own blog, and a young philosophy student named Kristen (gently) told me that I've interpreted the definition of "epistemology" a bit too narrowly. I've been humbled. And besides, a good portion of the OED's definitions were written by a madman...

But I must go. My team (UNC) is making a fool of themselves on national television at the moment, and Andy is too gleeful about it. He's cheering for Davidson, and I'm not sure I'll forgive him. When Illinois plays Indiana, I'm going to cheer for the recruit Kelvin Samson stole from Bruce Weber. So there.

Anonymous said...

Also, I ordered some books from Amazon, and I shall read your links. Thanks for posting them.

(Back to the game. UNC is still losing, and I'm almost positive they dug these refs out of the Big 10. They're terrible.)

Joshua said...

Which books did you order?

...I'm curious.

S.D. Smith said...

Well, the nice thing is that the Emergent fad is not going to last long (hopefully) and will fade into history with the other fads. But the church, glorious and eternal, will go on, trusting in the God of the Bible and the gospel of Christ.