Thursday, May 30, 2013

My thoughts on Thom Zimny thoughts

Here are some Thom Zimny thoughts I came across that I think I wrote down after watching a interview (YouTube video? or the Backstreets magazine interview that I mentioned yesterday).  I think these are paraphrases, I put them in quotes, though:

1.  "Know all the ways your crowd is going to be effected by what you are doing.  Then, do your best to make these things quality.  If they are quality, then the one thing you want people to focus on will be clear."

In a situation with an audience, I like the freedom of not worrying about the unknowns.  Just worry about the "knowns".  And, I like that there is always (should always?) only be one main thing you are trying to get people to focus on at once, everything else is contributing to that one thing.

2.On Springsteen's London Calling concert, he comments that "the stairs become a character in the video".  ...which is correct if you've seen the concert.

And, again, I like what he's saying...it's good to always be looking for the uniqueness of the moment to make the situation unique/special.  For example, find the most dumb or unfortunate thing about your situation and make that your signpost for what will become most memorable moment in the situation.

3. "The live experience is not perfect...embrace that.

No comments: