Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Best Albums of 2009

I have no business making any concrete arguments for the "best-ness" of any of these albums. I really don't listen to enough music to elevate my thoughts to any status that includes the word "credibility". I'm not even 100% positive that all of these albums came out in 2009...which, I think, sums things up. But, still, I'd like to be clear...if the top five albums on my list aren't on yours, then your list is probably full of pretentious indie-rock that nobody listens to except awkwardly shaven music snobs. With these thoughts in mind, please take note of the 10 Best Albums of 2009...

10. The Show - Yonder Mountain String Band
9. Joy - Phish
8. Wilco - Wilco
7. Raditude - Weezer
6. Be Set Free - Langhorne Slim
5. Hazards of Love - The Decemberists
4. Working on a Dream - Bruce Springsteen
3. Some Kind of Salvation - The Features
2. Elvis Perkins in Dearland - Elvis Perkins
1. I and Love and You - The Avett Brothers


(I also kind-of liked the albums by Monsters of Folk, U2, Regina Spector, and Muse...and, to get it off my chest, I just put the Wilco album at number 8 because I didn't want you to know that I actually listened to Phish and a bluegrass band more than the much hipper Wilco.)

No comments: